Problem in saving a form in KoBoToolbox

@Kal_Lam
Could you please solve the problem?

Hi @jkajiba
Did you get the solution for this issue, because I have the same problem with saving.
Please share your idea.
Thanks

I still have the same problem. I decided to keep uploading XLSForm, instead of saving straight, Because I could not spot what is wrong in my Excel form that prevent me from saving from the browser

hmm but adding features like skip logic will not be possible?

I have the same issue here, see screenshot:

Error message:

Error saving form
Your changes could not be saved, likely because of a lost internet connection. Keep this window open and try saving again while using a better connection.

I have a very good internet connection and re-trying since a couple of hours. All other internet services work.

Help is appreciated!

Hi @holger

How many versions have you deployed?
I have 8 versions deployed and maybe it’s the reason there will be limit for it … I don’t know.
Urgent help is needed. we are in the final stage to bring some changes to the form and save it for the data collection.
Thanks in advance

We are having the same problems and have only deployed two or three times. Does this mean we will have to open a new form and restart the entire project? please advise

I just valididated the XLSform I want to use here https://opendatakit.org/xlsform/ It works and is displayed in preview.

I imported it into kobo, the preview works here as well

I opended the editor in kobo, and clicked “SAVE”.

I get “Error saving form”. :frowning:

@Kal_Lam can you reproduce the problem we have?

Experiencing the same,

Anyone figured out a solution? needed the form asap! also is there no customer service number we can call to fix this?

I have the same problem. This must be an issue with KoBoToolbox, not our XLSform. Need an urgent fix to the issue please.

Along with this problem I’ve noticed another one. When I click on the Preview button (i.e. the eye icon) on the Forms and Settings page, the Preview Form is display. However, when I click the Preview button on the survey creation/editing page, I get “Unknown Enketo preview error”.

I have exactly the same problem when saving and previewing. It must be a problem with kobotoolbox.
Please solve the problem!

I am having the same problem. I try to create a new project and form using an xls of a form that was working perfectly, but it won’t save - gives the same error message as noted by the previous posts.
I tried restarting to create the form form scratch - initially it saved fine, but then after 6 questions were added it came back with the same error message.
I am working in Chrome.

Hi
We noticed this bug and have since resolved it. We apologize for any inconveniences caused

Regards
Stephane

2 Likes

thanks it seems to work now! :bowing_man:

1 Like

Unfortunately I still get the same error, no solution for me.

I’m having the same problem. I would really rather not close down my browser without saving, since we did a lot of work on the form. Is there a fix for this?

Hi @stephan_diedrich, @rweinber (Welcome to the Community!),

Could you share with us the screenshot of the issue that you are having. This issue was reported earlier and was fixed by our developers. Maybe we could share your screenshot with them again (so that they would have a look at the issue). Would also appreciate if you could let us know the server (OCHA or HHI) you are having problem in.

In the meantime @rweinber, you could download your xlsform and save it somewhere so that you could re-use it again (which will not hamper even if you close your browser). Maybe you could upload the xlsform and try it again if it works for you or not. The way to download your xlsform has been discussed here:

Hi @Kal_Lam, I fixed it myself by editing a brandnew form. Now I wanted to send you a screenshot but surprise, now there is no more error. So the problem is solved for me in every way. Thank you for your efforts!

1 Like

Good to know that it started working at your end @stephan_diedrich! GOOD DAY!