Problem when accessing kobo api v2

Hello Team,

I hope this message finds you well.

I’m reaching out to report an issue we’ve been experiencing with the Kobo API V2. We have been utilizing Kobo for data collection for the past three years, and we’ve recently transitioned to using Kobo API v2 for ingesting data into our internal databases.

However, over the past two weeks, we’ve encountered instability in accessing the API. When attempting to make calls to the API, we’re consistently encountering timeout errors. Additionally, we’ve noticed that the Kobo server domain name is currently unreachable when pinging.

We’re concerned that our IP may have been blocked, because we’ve had success making API calls from our local machines.

We kindly request your assistance in resolving this issue promptly. Your support in this matter is greatly appreciated, and we eagerly await your guidance.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Best regards,
Edison
Data Engineer at Inkomoko

@edison, could you kindly share with the community the exact steps you performed so that the community should also be able to test it out at their end?

Thank you, @Kal_Lam, for your prompt response.

Typically, we’ve been utilizing Python scripts, leveraging the Requests library, to pull data from the Kobo API. These scripts are hosted on our on-premise servers. Up until two weeks ago, everything was running smoothly without any issues. However, recently, we’ve encountered timeout errors when making calls to the API endpoint, and it has been almost 14 days facing this issue.

Interestingly, when executing the same code on local machines, sometime we experience successful requests, and other time it fails.

To summarize, we’re currently unable to call the API using scripts hosted on our in-house servers. However, requests made from code on my local machine occasionally succeed, but not every time.

Your insights into resolving this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Thanks

here is the snapshot of the error message