Problem with retrieving forms for "add submission" users

Hello,

I think this has been asked before but the solutions posted unfortunately didn’t work
(e.g. Problem sharing form and getting in kobocollect)

I have recently added two new forms for data collection and shared with the same teams from previous work. There were no problems uploading the forms (i.e. no error messages) but the forms were not showing up under “Get Blank Form” for anyone who had permission added to submit/validate forms. On my tablet I tried and was able to retrieve when logged in my account but when I logged into any of my colleagues the form wasn’t showing up.

I manually removed everyone and re-added permissions in case there was an issue using ‘copy team from another project’. I also checked all of the tablets to make sure that the URL under server was “https://kc.humanitarianresponse.info”.

This actually happened with other forms that I was testing previously but when they were uploaded through an ODK server there were no other challenges.

Do you have any idea what could be causing this?

Warm regards,
A

Hi @akhtaa2!

Are you using KOBO Collect or ODK Collect?
I have the same issue when I create a form on KOBO and want to use it on ODK Collect, this is simply not possible to use a child account and I posted a suggestion about it: Use Child user account to add submissions in ODK Collect

All the best,
Chloé

Hi Chloe,

I am using Kobo Collect.

Thanks
a

Hi @akhtaa2 (Welcome to the Community!), @chloelaborde,

Follow the following 2 steps to overcome the problem that you are facing at the moment:

Step 1: Select SETTINGS>Sharing>Invite collaborators to share permissions as shown in the image below.

Once you are here (as shown in the image above), you will see an area where you are allowed to Enter a username . Type the KoBo username correctly here (with whom you would wish to share your project with). Then to its right side you will see an area with select mentioned. Here you will have the following options to select View Form , Edit Form , View Submissions , Add Submissions , Edit Submissions , Validate Submissions . Select one of them and press INVITE . If you wish to provide the user multiple permissions repeat the process by entering the same KoBo username (you entered earlier to provide permission over your project) and then providing another permission and then providing the INVITE again. You will need to repeat this process until you are done.

PLEASE NOTE, HERE YOU SHOULD NOT MISS TO SELECT ADD SUBMISSIONS. IF YOU FAIL TO DO SO THE PERSON YOU SHARED THE PROJECT WILL NOT BE ABLE TO Get Blank Form to collect data through KoBoCollect.

Step 2: Settings with KoBoCollect

This step guides you how to get the forms that has been shared (e.g. you shared a survey form from Account_A to Account_B).

• Under General Settings in the URL field enter https://kc.kobotoolbox.org or https://kc.humanitarianresponse.info as applicable (don’t include the username)
  • Then enter the username and password for the user who will use the handset (e.g. Account_B).
  • Select Get Blank Form and you should now get the blank form from Account_B shared from Account_A.