Provide answer for a question which will not appear in the questionnaire but is linked to another question which appears

I have two questions for which I want to get answers from the respondents
Q1; Your country of residence: country 1, country 2, country 3, country 4
Q2; The local currency of the country: currency 1 of country 1, currency 2 of country 2, currency 3 of country 3, currency 4 of country 4
We want Q2 to not be shown in the questionnaire but when the country is selected the currency is provided

@agotossou, you could do this through the cascading select as outlined in our support article Adding Cascading Select Questions.

I can you cascading to that if the respondent selects country 1 the corresponding currency will appear in Q2.
What I cannot do is that we don’t want Q2 to appear and we want it to be auto-filled based on the choice made in Q1. Is that possible?

If this is what you need, maybe you could do it as outlined in the post discussed previously:

And this post should also be helpful:

But please note that the cascading select approach should be more simple.

Hello @Kal_Lam, I solve it with if(${Q1}=β€˜1’,β€˜1’,if(${Q1}= β€˜2’,β€˜2’, if(${Q1}= β€˜3’,β€˜3’, if(${Q1}= β€˜4’,β€˜4’,’’))))

But, I am still wondering if question Q2 can be hidden? But still we be autofilled.

1 Like

If you want to keep that hidden you could keep Q2 as a calculate question type instead of a select_one question type.

Thanks for this. But the auto-fill of Q2 when I do a trial does not correspond to the labels, it rather put the rank of the choice. See below image

Maybe if you need the label instead of the value you could either use the label in the if-statement or utilize the jr:choice-name as outlined in the community discussion here.

Hi @Kal_Lam and @agotossou - I was hoping you both may be able to help as I found this stream really helpful!

I see you resolved the issue around auto-populating the answer of one question from another. Do you know if there is a way to auto-update a question from a question earlier on in the survey?

Thanks in advance for your support on this,

Ben