Provide the ability to edit KoBo submitted record

Hello dear,

Please note that I am trying to share the edit link with the person who filled the form, but it did not work.

Any Ideas?

Welcome to the community, @Ahmad! Could you share with the community the exact steps you followed?

Thank you dear and please find the following:
• From Data table, I click on edit and get a link to edit the record, as I want to send the link for the person who filled the form to apply some adjustments.
• I tried to open the link after few minutes and this message appears:

(Error occurred during the loading of this form. It is recommended not to edit this record until this is resolved. Please contact support@kobotoolbox.org with the link to this page and the error message below: Record not present. It may have expired.)

Would you mind trying this that has been discussed previously:

Thank you so much @Kal_Lam .

Please note that I have checked the discussion. I believe that the issue is that the link will be valid for a limited time only (When I click on edit again the link works but for a limited time as well). Also, please note that the link was the same one without any changes.

Is there a way to keep the link valid?

wow, I have the same problem, I would like to know if I can set the expiration time

1 Like

Welcome to the community, @Roger963! Maybe this post discussed previously should answer your query cc: @Ahmad:

1 Like

Thank you @Kal_Lam

I am still having this problem. I have tried to build a query to solve this by adding the API authentication but I am getting the following error:

“Access-Control-Allow-Origin”

This is amazing i just had to find the config.json file (kobo-env/enketo_express/config.json) and add ( “expiry for record cache”: 30000, )

1 Like

@Roger963
How did you you add the configuration
It would be appreciated if you could support on this

1 Like

In the installation a folder called kobo-env is created, if you cannot find it, look for the mount of the (kobotoolbox / enketo-express-extra-widgets) .You will find a config.json file and add that line you should have something like thisenketo
and add. I remind you that you must be as superuser

3 Likes

Hi @Ahmad, we can continue the CORS discussion here:

1 Like

hi everyone!
Dear @Ahmad please, is i’d like a step by step instruction to get to the “expiry for record cache” in orther the edit it.
I’m trying since to reach there in vain.
Thank you so much for your assistance.

Thanks @innocent. I did not go through that option as I am using the OCHA server. I am still working on the best way to share KOBO link for editing but still did not find the best scenario for the end-users.

Hi @Ahmad,

Could I suggest setting user specific permissions for the forms? Is it feasible for your system? Right now it is possible to set user’s to see their own submissions and edit them through KoBo’s own UI.

Note that this will require you to create usernames and passwords for each individiual.

You can check the following document for more info, and I can provide some help after that.

https://support.kobotoolbox.org/managing_permissions.html#setting-project-specific-user-permissions

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Thanks @hakan_cetinkaya

Please note that in my case, I have several users (more than 100), and they are changing, as I have a focal point for each record that collects the data from other people. In summary, its hard to manage this by users.

What I am trying to do is reach the (the ability to edit the form) using the edit API along with the token authentication. Currently, I am for the best solution to run this API for the end user.

Here is the API

https://kobo.humanitarianresponse.info/[api/v2/assets/[Form_ID]/data/[Record_ID]/edit/?return_url=false&format=json

Sorry again @hakan_cetinkaya

Please note that I have tried a html java script, that will open the form, but I ran into the CORS problem.

Yeah, I have the same issue. Got 72 teams consisting 1, 2 or 3 people. I tried to solve it by giving editing permissions to focal points (12 people).

Sorry couldn’t help you any further. I hope someone from community with more experience in API’s help you.
Best,

1 Like

@hakan_cetinkaya

Thank you so mcuh

2 Likes