Pull value from xls form & display

Hello guys, I’m glad to have stumbled on this community.

I’m new to kobotoolbox trying to find my feet.

I have an xls form with names of students, their schools, locality, and the cohorts (1 and 2).
The form is for attendance-taking.

There is a daily attendance for a term (15 weeks)

I want a situation whereby when the enumerator selects the child’s name from the school list, two things should happen;

1. The cohort of the student is displayed (1 or 2)
  2. The cohort determines how many terms of attendance must be filled by the enumerator (5 terms for cohort 1 and 2 terms for cohort 2)

But I’m doing something wrong. Because I keep getting error at the first step that: There has been a problem trying to replace ${cohort} with the XPath to the survey element named “cohort”. There is no survey element with this name

I need help please. Thanks

@zayidhs, have you validated your XLSForm through this online validator? The online validator should also help you identify the syntax issues you are having within your XLSForm.

The choice sheet is attached here.

There are names of students, their schools and cohorts as well.

Can you please guide me to what I need to do to get survey sheet done properly? I’m at my wits end right now.

@zayidhs, this is the issue that I did not understand. Maybe you could explain it a bit clearly here so that the community should also be able to help you out.