Pulldata() with a .zip file not working

Hi everyone,

I have a form which is pulling data from more than 400,000 observations of 24 variables. The .csv file being too heavy for regular media upload I zipped it first. Unfortunately, when I want to preview my form I have an error prompt: Failed to fetch.

To test if the issue came from the form itself I tried it with only a fraction (20) of those 400,000 lines as a csv .and it worked perfectly. Then I tried to use a zipped version of those 20 lines and got the same error: Failed to fetch.

So the issue does not seem to come from the size of the preload nor the form itself but from the fact that the preloaded data is in a .zip file. This is not the first time I’m using this form and it previously worked well with a zip file.
Is it a bug? Is there a way around? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yann

1 Like

Welcome to the community, @ybourg! I tested your issue and came to an observation that when trying to use the Enketo to collect data with a ZIP CSV file you see the following error message when trying to load the form in the browser:

Image 1

But when trying to collect your data in Collect android app it works smoothly. Hence I would say it’s an issue most probably with Enketo. We will however have a look at this and get back to you. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

@Kal_Lam , Many thanks for your quick reply. It worked on the app.

Yann

1 Like

Hi @ybourg, I have also been able to replicate this issue. I also tested this with an older version of Enketo and it seems as though Enketo hasn’t had support for pulldata and ZIP files like the Collect app has. I will create an issue for this, but if you are wanting to use Enketo, please rather try using a CSV for your data :+1:

1 Like

Hi @ybourg, you can follow the development here:

1 Like

Hi @Josh , Many thanks for your answer. Unfortunately the csv file is too heavy to be loaded on the media page (90mb) but using the app is enough for now.

Hi @ybourg, yes that is unfortunate :slightly_frowning_face: If you really need to use the zipped media file then you have will resort to using KoBoCollect.

1 Like

is there any update for this?

@jorgelihber, please feel free to follow the GitHub link shared above.

1 Like