Question matrix via webform is failing

The question matrix questions I have created via webform are causing a major headache. the rows (questions) and columns (answers/likert) are jumping out of order.

please help me figure out what I am doing wrong as I certainly cant deploy the survey if the questions jump around like this.

Hi @jtdenny,

Welcome to the community! Would you mind sharing your xlsform with the community so that the community could help you out fix your issue.

Alternatively, you could also have a look at the post discussed previously which should solve your issue:

Have a great day!

1 Like

Thank you very much for such a fast reply. I don’t yet know how to share my xlsform with the community. “the matrix question type only works in Enketo webforms ‘grid’ style” What does that message mean on my webform?

this is an example of a question matric that looks ok, yet all my other question matrix questions are out of whack. the values seem to get out of order. It is not clean and nice like the example you showed. How did you get the questions to line up nicely on the left?

Hi @jtdenny,

Press the highlighted area as shown in the image to share an xlsform with the community!

Have a great day!

1 Like

aha I think I figured out the xls form you refer to… but sadly as a new user the forum is stopping me from uploading the xls. Can I make a clone of the survey and add you as a user? Or load the xls in google drive and send the link?

Hi @jtdenny,

You should be able to upload the xlsform now. Would you mind giving a retry.

Have a great day!

1 Like

it allowed me to attach a pic yet says I cant upload the xls file as I am a new member… strange…

Hi @jtdenny,

Would you mind refreshing the page and trying it again.

Have a great day!

1 Like

jtdenny.xlsx (17.4 KB) aha that worked. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @jtdenny,

A quick question, have you gone through our support article Question Matrix Response Type? It should help you design a matrix question if you have not.

Have a great day!

1 Like

yes I did go through the instructions, and thought I understood it, but it seems I dont know what I am doing as I keep getting the strange result of mixed up likert and questions as presented earlier. I am at a loss, I really dont know what I am doing and dont know how to fix it.

Hi @jtdenny
Looking at your form, it seems you did not follow the steps articulated. I strongly suggest that you go through the process as outlined by @Kal_Lam

When I look at the instructions. the details provided for XLSform below

Stephane

2 Likes

I admit I am confused, when I look at the xls version of a survey it appears as a strange language to me. I only understand the web form.

I am slow. sorry, I had to sleep on this one . now I figured out that “grid” style and grid theme are the same thing… this pic shows where I am now. Hoping the Likert scale does not get out of whack again. :slight_smile: I am thinking it may help to label each subpart of the matric question… 1 for the overall question then 1a, 1b, 1c

1 Like

Hi @jtdenny,

Great to see that you have finally come to this stage. If you are still having issues, kindly please feel free to share with the community the latest xlsform.

As a backup you could also have a look at the post discussed here (it should solve your issue):

Have a great day!

2 Likes