Question portrayal non-readable

Hi,

I have a question regarding readability of the questions I’ve added in a KoboToolbox form. I am using the ‘rating’ question type. On the webbrowser it comes out relatively readable, but on mobile device using KoboCollect the questions become non-readable. All of the text is spread out vertically across the screen, rendering it unreadable. Like this:

Rea
din
g l
ike
thi
s m
ake
s it
har
d t
o r
ead

I guess an alternative would be to use the ‘select many’ question type, but then I would need to change the whole form + this doesn’t seem to have the functionality where the surveyor can only select one option.

What is advised here?

Hi @waasthissen,

Welcome to the community! Would you mind sharing the screenshot of the data entry form that you have tried both in KoBoCollect android app as well as Enketo. This should help us understand your issue in detail.

Have a great day!

Hi @Kal_Lam,

Thanks! I’m putting in the FAO TAPE survey, to be precise (Annex 2): http://www.fao.org/3/ca7407en/CA7407EN.pdf

Here are screenshots of the first question of that survey in both KoboCollect as well as the built-in preview mode in the web editor. The web editor has the option for grid theme which improves readability but is still not optimal. In the end, we want to be able to collect data offline using android devices.

Hi @waasthissen,

Would you mind sharing your xlsform so that we could see the same at our end.

Have a great day!

aSks7cvxusQe6QkLZy9V2R.xlsx (23.4 KB)

Would this work?

Hi @waasthissen,

Try this as follows, it should solve your issue:

In the survey tab of your xlsform:
Image 1

In the choices tab of your xlsform:

In the settings tab:
Image 3

Data entry screen as seen in Enketo:

Reference xlsform: