Ready2readchallenge

I pulled data from kobotoolbox into Power bi. There are multi response questions in my entry form. When I pull data from kobotoolbox into power bi, I can see the multi response data (column) is converted into date format.

for instance:
I have question Annual sales;
Domestic and International

In the form, they are codded 1 for domestic and 2 for International.

When pull data in excel, I can see data like 1 2 in my column. But when i pull into Power bi i see 1/2/1997.

Is there a way around to overcome this problem.

thanks
ram

Dear Kal,
I pulled data from kobotoolbox into Power bi. There are multi response questions in my entry form. When I pull data from kobotoolbox into power bi, I can see the multi response data (column) is converted into date format.

for instance:
I have question Annual sales;
Domestic and International

In the form, they are codded 1 for domestic and 2 for International.

When pull data in excel, I can see data like 1 2 in my column. But when i pull into Power bi i see 1/2/1997.

Is there a way around to overcome this problem.

thanks
ram

@ready2readchallenge, could you share a screenshot of both the DATA VIEW Table and also the screenshot from the Power BI? Maybe doing so, the community should also be able to understand your issue pictorially.

Dear Kal,
the screen shot is from Pbi.

that column was supposed to capture data like 1 2, but it is converted into date format automatically when pulled from kobo using api.

Hi Kal,

Let me elaborate for more clarification.

The column Sector Digitial contains multiple choice question with answer options coded 1,2 and 97.
When all the options are selected, instead of plotting 1 2 97 in that columns, it is converted into 1/2/1997. There are multiple questions of this nature.

And when I checked the code i found like below.

thanks,
ram

@ready2readchallenge, could you share the relevant part of your XLSForm with the community? Maybe the community could test it and provide a workaround for you.

Dear Kal

Please find the attached file and looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,
ram

aGLw9ws5FgWbawtvnu8ZnR (2).xlsx (43.1 KB)

@ready2readchallenge, I tried this and could load the multiple response in Power BI: