Redeploy without loosing calculation labels

Hi @natascia,

Is it that you have tried to edit your survey form in the forum builder UI? If yes, would you mind trying to edit your survey form through the xlsform and see if it solves your issue. If it still does not work, kindly please feel free to share your xlsform as advised by @Ysr3322.

Have a great day!

1 Like

Dear Yasser,

thanks a lot for your support. Sorry for late reply but I am with poor connection.

1 Like

HI Kal_Lam,

thanks for your feedback.
Yes the problem is when trying to edit the survey within the form builder and then deploying it. When deployed all calculations within reports appear as unlabeled. If I do that importing the xlsform the calculations will be labelled but I have to import the xls for each change, even in case of minor changes within the survey, and this causes the loss of the records already submitted.
Hoping this is clear, in case I will try to share some examples in upcoming days because at the moment I have very poor connection.
My question is whether there is the chance to edit directly the survey into the form building without loosing labels for calculations.
Thanks a lot,
best, Natascia

Will try to share examples and screenshots as soon as I can. Thank you!

2 Likes

Hi @natascia
We will await more details for us to comprehensively feedback to you.

Regards,
Stephane

1 Like

Hi everybody,

I’ll try to explain better.
I created a survey through the form builder, which includes several calculations and notes that print on video the results of those calculations.

Then, I exported the survey through xls and I changed the notes into integers as Kal_Lam suggested (Reporting calculations included into the forms) to make the calculations labelled when creating reports. This was well done.

Once deployed the survey, if I make a minor change (even a single word) through the form builder and I re-deploy it all integers within the reports lose their labels (they appear unlabelled).

On the other hand, if I make the change through xls it will be fine for labels but I will lose all submissions and I have to share again the new form created with the staff collecting data.

Is there a way to make changes within the form builder without losing labels for calculations?
Please see below:
This is an example of the xls transforming the notes into integers

Once imported the xls and created the form, this is an example of a report with labelled calculations

This is an example of an unlabelled calculation once I re-deployed the form after a minor change through the form builder.

If I make the change through the xls I will automatically create a new survey to be shared again with the staff and losing all questionnaires already submitted.

Thanks a lot for your support,
best, Natascia

Hi @natascia,

Could you share with us the xlsform highlighting the calculation that does not work as expected so that the community could have a look at their end and help you solve your issue.

Have a great day!

1 Like

Hi Kal_Lam,

please find enclosed the xls form. However, the file itself works well (and calculations are rightly labelled) when imported and when doing reports. But after deploying the form, if I want to change something into the form builder I will lose all the integer labels linked to calculations.
On the other hand, I cannot change directly into the xlsform because once imported and deployed it will be a new form/survey (not saving the questionnaires submitted through the previous version).

Thanks a lot for your support,
Best, Natascia
aNbqQD5YuzowoaKuGKNfb3.xlsx (22.7 KB)

Hi @natascia,

Could you also kindly highlight the calculation that is now showing the label in the custom report. It would be easy for us to track down.

Have a great day!

Hi Kal_lam,

All those calculations highligheted in the file I share show the labels. But if changes are done, for example words of any question (even if not related to calculations), I have to re-deploy and then all Will Be unlabelled.
Thanks a lot,
Natascia

Hi @natascia
I have a suggestion to make you form multi-languages, by this way I think the calculation labels will stay.
Kindly find the attached file.aNbqQD5YuzowoaKuGKNfb3_2languages.xlsx (23.6 KB)
Best,
Yasser

1 Like

Hi Yasser,

thanks a lot. I have tried to import the file you edited, then deploy it, submit questionnaires and later change the form through the form builder. Actually, in such a way, the title “unlabeled” does not appear in the custom reports but it is still without the title. Please, have a look to the screenshots below:

So the problem is still there…
Thank you, Best Natascia

1 Like

Hi @natascia
Building onto what @Ysr3322 and @Kal_Lam had indicated, I would suggest treating this form albeit differently:

1. Change the calculate questions to integer and leave the calculation column in place.
  2. Make them read_only i.e. create column for this and make it true
  3. if you need them hidden from the person filling the form you can also make visible column and add it as a false for these questions.

Try uploading the XLS and tell me what you see.

Regards,
Stephane

1 Like

Hi @natascia

What you have to do is changing the language of the report as the following:

and everything will be OK,

Best,
Yasser

2 Likes

Hi Yasser,

it does really work out, that’s great!
Thanks a lot,

Best, Natascia

2 Likes

Hi Stephane,

thank you for your inputs.
I tried to change the calculate questions into integer but in such a way I will have only “mean, median” and not also the value in the custom reports.
On the other hand, if I keep the calculations as such and then insert an integer to print on video the result of calculations, I will have the result of calculations in terms of “mean, median…” and, where I inserted the integer, I will have the result of calculations in terms of value, which I also need.
However, it would be interesting to know how it is possible to keep hidden the result of calculations to the person filling the form while keep it visible in the reports.
Thanks again,
all the best, Natascia

Hi Natascia,
You can easily do what you are asking can be achieved by the functionality hidden, where you introduce a column and label it hidden, and you allocate the value true for questions you would like to hide. Please note the discussions that happened on github around this particular issue

Stephane

1 Like

Hello,

again, after submissions, I have a similar problem with this form.
I have changed the language of the report as you suggested and it was fine. But now, I have the following problem:
in the automatic report, all the queries are labelled
authomatic report

but when trying to develop customized reports many queries do not appear or appear as unlabelled, so it is not possible to create a custom report with the queries I am interested in.
Please have a look:

Thank you for your support,
Natascia

Hi @natascia
Can you post a screenshot of the corresponding XLS form for the values you have just indicated?

Stephane

1 Like

Hi Stephane,

here the screenshot of the xls for those values

and this is the header where you can see the multi-language option.

I can share the entire file if you wish.
Thanks a lot!

1 Like