Reporting calculations included into the forms

Hello,

I have developed a form containing several calculations, Results from those calculations appear in the notes I created and that follow each calculation.

When I go to the Section “Report” I have the following problems:

1. All calculations appear as unlabelled (but at the same time I cannot include a label into the calculation itself)

2. For those calculation results, I need a report on “Mean” “Median”… (similarly to those appearing when including number type questions into the forms) but this is not happening for results of calculations.

3. In case of a number type question, is it possible to have, as default answer. the result from the calculation that appears into the number type question?

Thank you for your support,

Hi @natascia,

Welcome to the community! Kindly please be informed that the issues you have raised can be solved on how you design your survey form. For details, please have a look at the instructions outlined below:

Regarding your first and second query:

If you generally design your xlsform as outlined in the image below,
Image 1

You should see the problem that you are facing:

Reference xlsform: With issues
Calculate Calculation Test_0.xlsx (10.2 KB)

But if you design your xlsform as outlined in the image below,
Image 3

You should see the problems being addressed (here you are able to see the label of the calculated variable as well as you are able to see the Mean, Median, Mode and Standard Deviation):

Reference xlsform: Issues solved
Calculate Calculation Test_1.xlsx (10.3 KB)

Regarding your third query:

Yes, you could see the workaround as shown in the image above.

Have a great day!

Dear Kal_Lam

thanks a lot for your support. I’ll try to do that.
All the best, Natascia

1 Like

Hi @natascia
You should also note that in addition to what @Kal_Lam has indicated, a calculation can also be applied directly on an integer or text question as indicated on our support article on advanced use of calculate

Stephane

1 Like

Thank you Stephanealoo! I am trying…

1 Like

Hi @natascia
Did you manage to get this to work for you?
Stephane

1 Like

Hello Stephane,

Yes, it took me an entire day but I finally managed it. Thanks a lot.

2 Likes