Redeployment failed

Hi all,

I am not able to redeploy my newly uploaded xls form, although its getting uploaded into Kobo. Its asking me to contact supoort team, And I can’t find out the fault as well. I wanted to upload the xls form here for your reference, but being a new user I am not allowed to do it. Please help me resolve the issue.

Regards,
Lisa

Hi Lisa,
Could you send us this directly on messenger

Stephane

Hi Stephane,
Sure. What would be the address??

Hi @lisavarkey,

Welcome to the community! Would you mind posting your xlsform to the forum now. You should now be able to post it.

Have a great day!

Hi Kal,
Here is the file
Assam imPACT xls FORM_02_03_19_mod.xlsx (166.6 KB)

Hi @lisavarkey,

Looking at your xlsform, i see a lot of syntax errors in them. Try validating your xlsform here. Some of them i see are outlined as follows:

• The name column for the ‘secondcrop’ choice list contains these duplicates: ‘lentil’, ‘other_pulses’.
  • Error: [row : 485, 1226] Invalid question name [Other details] Names must begin with a letter, colon, or underscore.Subsequent characters can include numbers, dashes, and periods.
  • Error: There are more than one survey elements named ‘other_details_p1_s19’ (case-insensitive) in the section named ‘Plot_Informn’.

There are more.

Upload your xlsform to the KoBoToolbox server once they are clean and you should be able to deploy it smoothly.

Have a great day!

1 Like

Hi Kal and Stephane,
There were a lot of minute syntax errors which were really difficult to find. Then I had to validate the form step by step sectionwise. The validation tool was quite helpful. Finally, I could redeploy.!! Thankyou for the support.

Regards,
Lisa

2 Likes