Remember Last Saved Value

I am building a survey tool where I need to collect city and town of each respondent. Some respondents are from the same city so every time I have to enter the city and town field with the same values. Is there a way to remember the last value saved in KoboToolBox? Thank you

Hello,
could you provide more details, please. Is this in different cases (form instances) or in a repeat in the same form. Do you use Enketo or KoBoCollect?

Hello Wroos,

This is in different form instances. After clicking the submit button at the end of the form, the form should refresh for next entry and also maintaining the State,County, LOA, Organization values from the previous entry instance. Therefore, the enumerator should not keep repeating the same values for each new entry/instance.

I am using Enketo.

Thanks

I am not sure in Kobocollect but your case functions well using ODK collect by writing ${last-saved#state} under coulumn deafault in xlsx form

1 Like

@kimanikihiu, @wroos, @kehabtimer, with the upgrade of pyxform, KoBoToolbox now supports the last-saved feature. For those members who do not know how to design an xlsform, you could do it as outlined in the image shared below:

In the survey tab of your xlsform:

Image 1

Reference xlsform:

Last Saved.xlsx (10.0 KB)

Note: This feature at the moment is only supported through the Collect android app. The Enketo still does not support this.

For other new updates, available in KoBoToolbox, please feel free to have a look at our release note:

@kal. This is great news. Thank you so much

1 Like

Note that this feature is currently under development in Enketo but could still be a while before it’s available:

2 Likes