Removal of Duplicate of Logos

I have designed a data collection and added two logos. One of the logos have duplicated themselves as attached. Is it possible to remove this? I have designed my form using an xlsform and uploaded to kobotoolbox for deployment.

Hi @aionyeahialam
Welcome to the community forum. Looking at your issue, I would say this is definately a design issue on your form; can you share your XLS form so that we have a look at it.

Stephane

1 Like

@stephanealoo Thank you for reaching out, unfortunately I can’t upload xlsforms for now on here due to my newish status, but I have been able to do a screen dump of where I have the syntax for the logo. Thanks
Screenshot 2020-04-22 at 19.28.28|690x334

Hi
Can you try uploading now :grinning: :grin:

Stephane

1 Like

I however see a situation where you added the logo twice,

Could you try removing the note question logo but leave the uploaded form_logo.png in the uploaded files

Stephane

2 Likes

@stephanealoo Thank you. Do you mean removing either the form_logo.png or the GEOM_logo.png? Where I have the problem is the form_logo appearing twice.

Remove the note question logo

2 Likes

@stephanealoo do you mean removing the whole row? I removed just logo but still ended up having the top logo appearing twice. The sazani logo is the one called form_logo while the next row logo circled in green is called GEOM_logo. Its the form_logo I want to appear only once and underneath the participatory planning project text.

Hi @aionyeahialam,

Would you try out the following workaround and see if it helps:

• Download your xlsform (the one that you have corrected/edited) and the image (the one that you wish to see as a logo in your survey form) from the server.
  • Upload them as a fresh survey project.
  • Deploy the survey project.

Kindly please let us know if it’s still not working!

Have a great day!

@Kal_Lam still not working, that top Sazani logo is still repeating itself. Please note that these two notes are grouped within a begin and end group. Thank you

Hi @aionyeahialam,

Would you mind sharing sharing (in a private message) your xlsform and the image file so that i could have a look at my end.

Have a great day!

1 Like

Hi @aionyeahialam,

I found out the following errors within your xlsform which i have corrected as shown in the image below:

Survey tab in your xlsform (With Errors): Highlighted in Red

Survey tab in your xlsform (Corrected): Highlighted in Green

Issue vs. Solution:

• Your cell B10 is empty. I named it with form_logo (Please be informed that you could provide any unique name for this variable as you wish).
  • Your file name for cell G10 should be form_logo.jpg not form_logo.png. I changed them accordingly (based on the image file you shared with me). FYI please have a look at the image you shared as form_logo. It has an extension as jpg not png.
    Image 1

Data entry screen as seen in Enketo:

Reference xlsform:
Please check your private message. I have shared it there.

Have a great day!

Hi and thank you for the support, I have uploaded your xlsform on kobotoolbox, here is what am getting still. Yours looks very good but mine is still not OK. Is these something wrong with my account?

Thanks

Hi @aionyeahialam,

Did you try this in your existing deployed survey project or on a new one? I would advise you to try it as a fresh survey project and then deploy them.

Have a great day!

Hi, Its a new project and newly deployed

Hi @aionyeahialam,

Could you share with me your xlsform once again? Besides, would you also let me know the browser you are using?

Have a great day!

1 Like

Hi @aionyeahialam,

Would you mind checking your survey project now. You should be able to see the logo as it should in your project Duplicate Logo Testing.

Have a great day!

It works now. Thank you.
Just for future reference, how can I stop this for happening again?

1 Like

Hi @aionyeahialam,

Try naming your media image files with a unique name. Here you had 3 survey projects with all three survey project’s media image file name as form_logo and GEOM_logo. I simply renamed the media image file as 1_form_logo and 1_GEOM_logo for the Duplicate Logo Testing Survey Project.

Have a great day!

Can we get the excel File to knowledge, we are interest

1 Like