Removing group question

Hello there!
i have a survey on kc.humanitarianresponse server and i create a question group but i dont always use this question group. i close this question group with the “-” button and submit to system. however, when i open it back for editing, this question group appears again reopened. so i would like to ask you that is there any opportunity to close this question group permenantly when i close one time.

If i didnt explain myself very well please watch the below video please, you will understand what i say. I could not import video file thats why im sending a link below

link will delete itself after 5 days

Please help me

Hello @emreozkan90,

I’m not sure if you can make the form appear as a certain group is closed but I can suggest a workaround. How about adding a relevant syntax to your group with a simple yes_no question so it is not visually open when it is not needed?

Do you think this might work for you? I can help you with that if you want to.

1 Like

Hello @hakan_cetinkaya
Yes i thought that too linking with conditional question or removing the obligation from the question group. but i just wonder if there is an chance do it like i mentioned previous message. otherwise have to do what you say.
thanks for your contribution!

2 Likes

Is there any other solution for this issiue except above conversation? @Kal_Lam

So is there any feedback about this subject?

@emreozkan90, sorry I was not able to track your issue with a screenshot or the recording if you have shared. I tried to go through the recording you shared but could not open it. Could you share it again so that I should also be able to understand your issue pictorially?

@emreozkan90, would you mind sharing your XLSForm with the community? I may have understood your issue now (which I could point out to you if it’s the same).

Of course. Thank you.
aFHFnTVexBvR9Ned2iwjzp.xlsx (6.7 KB)

In this case, you could control your repeat group with the repeat_count. But to control the repeat_count itself you will need another variable for it. You could do this through the highlighted portion as shown in the image below.

In the survey tab of your XLSForm:

Reference XLSForm:

aFHFnTVexBvR9Ned2iwjzp.xlsx (10.5 KB)