Repeat group: how to check validity in each repetition

Hello everybody,

I am builidng a form in which I hace a repeating group with more than 30 questions. Many of them are mandatory.

I checked the form using 3 repetitions, and when I tried to submit the form, only then it told me that one of the fields was incomplete. It was one field from the first repetition. This test was just for checking and I used 3 repetitions, so going back to the first repetition was easy. However, when this form is used on the field, it will probably have 50 or more repetitions, so going back to some repetition to try to fix the error will be impossible.

Does anywone know hoy can I validate each repetition before passing to the next? Most of the fields are to be completed with numbers, but are independent between each other so I don´t have any calculation to use as a validation.

I hope I am being clear about my question. Please let me know if you need more information.

Thanks in advance!
Solange

I

Welcome @sfermepin,
Could you share a relevant extract of your form, please?
Are you using Enketo (web form) or Collect?

1 Like

Hi Wroos,

Thank you for the welcoming.

I am not being able to upload a file as I am a new user. Is there other way for me to share a relevant exttract of my form?

We are using Enketo.

Thanks!

@Kal_Lam (core team) can allow for upload, please.

1 Like

@sfermepin, you should now be able to upload your XLSForm to the community. Just in case it helps, please validate your XLSForm through this online validator to see if there are any syntax issues.

Hi everybody,

Thanks! Attached is a relevant extract of my form.
Book1.xlsx (11.0 KB)
I just simplified the form and kept only one question within the repeat group but please considere that in reality, there are more than 30 questions to answer.

What I need is to find a way to validate the group of answers (e.g., checking that no mandatory answer is missing) in each repetition before continuing to the next repetition.

Thanks a lot!