Repeat question based on amount of repeat fill-in question

Hello community,

Suppose, I ask respondent about ‘what color do you like?’, they choose other and they have 2 colour which are not listed in the given colour. then the next question is ‘why do you like 1st color?’ and ‘why do you like 2nd colour’? Is there any feature in xlsform which I can repeat question based on the amount of repeat fill-in questions?

color.xlsx (8.9 KB)

Welcome back to the community @titonuppun! Maybe you could do the same as outlined in the image shared below:

In the survey tab of your xlsform:

In the choices tab of your xlsform:

Image 2

Data entry screen as seen in Enketo:

Reference xlsform:

color.xlsx (10.9 KB)

Hello @Kal_Lam, Thank you so much for your effort! I followed as the sample you made. It seems working fine on web-based; but not on the KoboCollect app. Or do I miss something?
Thanks

Which version of the KoBoCollect android app do you use? I just tested this with KoBoCollect android app v1.29.3 and it worked fine for me. Maybe you should upgrade to the latest version if you are using the older version of the same.

Good morning from here, @Kal_Lam

Thank you for your response! I tasted it on phone again yesterday. It worked perfectly fine if I added only one other.

But if I add more than one, it show error like this.

FYI, i tested this at my end and it works fine. Which server do you use? Could you share with us a screenshot of the General Settings>Server? Maybe that could be helpful to troubleshoot your issue.