Request for Inuktitut syllabics (AiPaiNunavik) support in KoboCollect

Hi all,

I am new to the KoboToolbox community and have been very excitedly learning the tools for digital data collection that KT offers. I am currently digitizing a multilingual household survey. My main concern is that there seems to be limited support for the syllabics of the Inuktitut language. There is already some support, but there have been extensions of the syllabic fonts to include broader support for the syllabics used by many Inuktitut language writers:

Is it possible to incorporate these extensions into the KT Inuktitut language support? It seems to me like an essential feature for supporting surveys with Inuktitut language speakers.

Thank you for your help,
Alejandro

Welcome to the community, @apvelilla! Seems like this is a font rather than a new language. Could you kind confirm?

Thank you @Kal_Lam! And yes, this is a font, sorry for the lack of precision in my original post. Does that mean it can be incorporated?

Thank you @apvelilla! So, did you mean you wish to add this font to the Collect Android App? Could you also list the benefits of this font over the normal fonts available?

Precisely! To the app and to the web interface of KoboToolbox if possible, as I noticed the incompatibility when previewing a form I am working on.

AiPaiNunavik provides support for the common syllabics used in written Nunavik Inuktitut. I do not know how to check what the current Inuktitut font being used by default in the KoboToolbox web interface and/or KoboCollect app. There are several regional dialects of Inuktitut and different standard keyboard mappings to accommodate them depending on region, so it might be one of the common ones used in the Nunavut region:

https://www.inuktitutcomputing.ca/IO/Fonts/Legacy/info.php?lang=en

Assuming it is, this relegates all Inuktitut font support on Kobo to only one of the standard fonts used primarily in one region. I am conducting my surveys in the region of Nunavik, where AiPaiNunavik is the standard font package used by individuals, schools and government institutions. The region also houses almost half the population of users of the Inuktitut language. So it would be great to be able to have it supported to accommodate a broader population of users throughout.

This is primarily for the android app, but ideally in the web interface as well, mostly for preview purposes.
Is there a way to check fonts on the web interface and the android app? I have only gotten as far as being able to see different supported languages on the android app.