Row wise data download

Hi,
I am collecting data for trainings organized by my team in the field. They are currently filling the form training wise where more than 1 person attends the training. For each of these person trained, we have already allocated a unique id and while filling the form, team member has to select these customer ids from a multiple choice question. I want to know if there is any way in which we can download data in single and separate row format based on any Multiple choice question. For instance, in downloaded data, I want to have separate rows for each of these customer Ids rather than having all the selected customer IDs in a single cell.

Hi @Lannyc, correct me if I am wrong, you provide training to customers, and all have pre-defined unique id, enumerators/teams choose them from the select multiple list? First option, you can adjust your form to achieve that, If you already collected a lot of data and not possible to edit. You can do that in Power Query in Excel.

1 Like

Hi Osman,

Thanks for responding. Can you please suggest how I can adjust the form to get the desirable results. I am yet to float it for data collection.

if you can share your xls form, i can see and suggest a possible changes

1 Like

Kobo check - OKSB.xlsx (58.2 KB)
Sharing the sheet for you perusal. Please check row 17 ‘customer ID’ of excel sheet ‘survey’ for which I need separate rows in the downloaded data.

So i reviewed it quickly, do you need in Kobo? Because what you asked is really really easy in Excel directly

1 Like

Here an example,

customer_id columns comes from your form and it is multi select, Customer_Id / 2 is a column that i created in excel based on customer_Id column. you can choose as many customers as you want, it will duplicate the submission and create one row for each costumer.

1 Like

That’s great. How did you do this?

1 Like

I will share the details as a video soon

1 Like

Thanks. Looking forward to it! Will be great if you can send it asap,

1 Like

Hi @Lannyc,

You can find the video here: https://youtu.be/QtQIJLMccY8

1 Like

@osmanburcu, :clap: :heart: :partying_face: