Save draft for single submission (Enketo web forms)

Hi, I am wondering if it is possible (or planned) to have the ‘save draft’ functionality also for single submissions on Enketo web forms (one submission per respondent)? As the questionnaire is quite long, this is quite important for us.

Welcome to the community @bwin! Kindly please be informed that KoBoToolbox does not allow users to save a draft of the collected forms in the browser with the followings modes:

Online-Only (multiple submissions)
Online-Only (single submission)
Online-Only (once per respondent)

Users are only able to save a draft of the collected forms in the browser if they try the data collection with the following mode:

Online-Offline (multiple submission)

Thank you very much for your reply. The problem with the multiple submission for us is that we only want one submission per respondent for a web-based survey and feel it might be confusing for respondents if the form clears out after having sent their response without getting a confirmation message (which i understood is only feasible with single submission). At the same time respondents will need to be able to complete the form in different steps as it is quite long. Is there any other way a form can be filled in multiple steps even without the save draft functionality? Do you have any recommendations on how this could be best solved?

Hi @bwin
You would still use the multiple submission but set a return URL at the end as described in the topic below

Stephane

1 Like

Hi Stephane,
Could you please explain how to set a return url for multiple submission (online-offline) either to a different webpage or to a “Thank you” page? It is not clear to me from the link you shared. Isn’t this only possible for online-only single submissions?. Thank you!

Hi @bwin
This can only work with the online-only single submission as documented within our support articles here

Stephane

1 Like