Select question data to be included in KML (GPS) exports

What is the general goal of the feature?
Right now the KML export feature only exports GPS Coordinates and the Survey Instance. I think it would be nice if you could also include data from selected questions in the export.

Can you sketch out graphically how you think this should look/work in practice?

How useful would this feature be to other users or organizations?
The improvement of mapping capabilities and usability is an interest shared among many organizations.

What can you contribute to making this feature a reality?
UI/UX design assistance

I think including actual form data - besides just the KML geopoint - would make the KML export feature vastly more useful! Some issues to consider:

• how would the question group hierarchy be represented?
  • some questions (as shown above) may be within repeat groups, so there could well be multiple occurances of results associated with any one ‘question’. You also dont want to lose context with these values, so they will probably needed to be expressed as part of their enclosing repeat group ‘container’… Again, how would this be represented in the export?

FYI you might also want to look at how Aggregate exports geocoded submissions via GeoJSON.
Yes its not KML, but we’ve had to solve many of these same issues, so there’s probably a lot of groundwork you could reuse in Kobo to similarly export geocoded submissions to an equivalent KML format.

Today I’m transforming the CSV into a KML to share with my collegues who do not know how to work with real GIS software. I suppose just having it structured like the CSV export would be the best and easiest? It would be really great to have this feature!!!