Selecting spouse automatically (that has been recorded outside roaster)

Continuing the discussion from Selecting household head automatically (that has been recorded outside the roster) in a household roster (repeat group):

1. who is the respondent. choice list 1. head 2. spouse 3. others
  2. Name of respondent
  3. Name of Head of Household
    basically the questionnaire is programmed to first asked who is the respondent. if the respondent say is the spouse. she will indicate her full name and then still indicate to us the name of the household head. (However, if respondent is the head, then the name of respondent will not show up)
    At the roaster level, the heads name will appear automatically in the first entry position. I also want the second position to be automatically filled with name of the spouse; that’s if the respondents realation to head is the spouse. Thanks

Good morning, How do i automatically record the the name of respondent in the second position of the roaster text entry if that respondent is the spouse. The first entry is the Head which works fine. pls is there a way to add the spouse automatically in the second text entry.

1. who is the respondent. choice list will 1. head 2. spouse. 3. others
  2. name of respondent

Thanks

@ayitey7000, you could do it as outlined in the image shared below:

In the survey tab of your XLSForm:

In the choices tab of your XLSForm:

Image 2

Data entry screen as seen in Enketo:

Reference XLSForm:

Repeat Group.xlsx (11.5 KB)

Hello,
i noticed that for a roaster type of question. The last clause ‘’ makes the other fields blank and even if sometime is entered there. On the server nothing shows up.

in the picture above name A appears and the name above it does not appear. However if you enter some in the space above. It will still not show up on the server. Is there a way to solve this.

e.g first household member captured from previous response. The ‘’ clause affects the other household members.
thanks for the assistance

Pls, Is there a way to solve this?

Hello,
Please help with this issue. i noticed that for a roaster type (repeat group) of question. that is pulled from a previous text response. In the calculation field the last clause ‘’ makes the other name fields blank even if text is entered there. On the server nothing shows up.
if((${P1}=1 and ${I2}=1),${I1},if((${P1}=2 and ${I2}=2),${I1},’’))

The blank space appears in name number 2 and say number 3 but once you enter something there, it does not show up on the server.

@ayitey7000, maybe you will need to share this part of the XLSForm with the community. The community should be able to help you out.

Hi Kobo community, please anybody with an idea of how to go about the issue?
Despite a binding calculation on only the name of head in roaster obtained automatically elsewhere in the question. if((${P1}=1 and ${I2}=1),${I1},if((${P1}=2 and ${I2}=2),${I1},’’)), name 1 is fine but name 2 returns black text, same with name 3 and all others in kobo server. i think the null ‘’ clause is the problem. Is there a way around this