Self-administered forms in offline mode

Hello there

I am very (extremely) new to KoBo, and I’d like to ask for some help. We want to run a survey where we send questionnaires directly to respondents for completion. Some respondents/end users are expected to have poor connections, and so we’d like a solution that allows the survey to be completed offline or with patchy internet. It should also be light-touch i.e. the user shouldn’t have to install anything/download software, etc. Is such a thing possible with KoBo?

I’m sorry to ask such a basic question, but from my reading of the community forum it looks like offline mode is only available to enumerators who have the KoBo Collect app installed on their android.

I would greatly appreciate any help or advice!

Thank you,
Emma

Hello,
Maybe have a look here:
https://support.kobotoolbox.org/data-collection-tools.html.

In general, for KoBo starters, I would like to suggest to study first the basics in the KoBo support documentation (before further community readings).

2 Likes

@emma.lp, kindly please be informed that collecting data through Enketo is also possible, which works smoothly in both the online and offline settings. Feel free to go through our support article Collecting Data through Web Forms to learn more on the same.