Server recovery - Data Restoration

My server crushed, but i was able to recover the data and submissions. My first installation was from branch of around 2017, so i had to install shared-database-obsolete branch and i restored the forms and submissions successfully. However my forms are not showing on both kpi and kobocat. I can see them in postgresql and django admin kobocat logger but they are not showing in the kpi or legacy kobocat. Please advice.

NB: What triggers the project to be shown on kpi/kobocat?

John

Hello @Kal_Lam and Team,

Still stranded here, may be if i know what tables are being populated when a project is created, i could find a solution to my problem. So here is my question, when a project is created and deployed what tables are populated and what other factors are set?

Thank again for your support.

John

Hello @Kal_Lam and Team,

I just wanted to give feedback, after days of struggling, I managed to restore the data and get it to show on kpi. What i did was, went to django admin (you could also query the postgresql dataase for xforms_logger) opened xforms_logger app and grabbed the forms id, then i went back to kpi frontend, for each form i requested the url “https://kf.publicdomain/#/[id]/” then opened the form and click save. After that the form becomes available on kpi.

Thank you again,

John

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing this with the entire community, @jmduda! This should be very helpful for the community.