Service domain for kf.mydomain.com from nginx reverse proxy

Hello community

I have been trying to install with kobo-install and I am able to install on localhost in a virtual machine and it is working fine.

However I am not able to install on server inside a virtual machine despite my domain and sub domains resolving to my ip address correctly. It keeps on asking for wait for 600 seconds more. I went up to 10 times but it did not start.

I have tried to install on vps but as I am using free services and these machines are not as powerful so that might be the reason for not completing the setup.

What I am trying to ask here is this: Is there a way to get the service ip like: http://192.168.0.xxx:PORT on which nginx is proxying kf.kobo.local so that I can use Cloudflare tunnel to proxy this server.

I have tried to look in configuration files in nginx containers but could not find any configuration for kf.kobo.local.

Any help in this regard will be really appreciated like sharing the local ip address to which nginx kf.kobo.local is proxying to OR container which is hosting kf.kobo.local OR location the conf file containing server block for nginx.

Thanks

I’m not sure if I understood what you want to do, but I’ll tell what I did, First I configure my proxy server (NGINX) and get the ssl certificate, you should check this answer:

Then this are the configuration I used, notice that *β€œIs your reverse-proxy/load-balancer installed on this server?” is set as Yes to allow me to configure the listening port.

Do you want to use HTTPS?
1) Yes
2) No
[1]:
╔════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
β•‘ β•‘
β•‘ Please note that certificates must be installed on a reverse-proxy β•‘
β•‘ or a load balancer.kobo-install can install one, if needed. β•‘
β•‘ β•‘
β•šβ•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•
Auto-install HTTPS certificates with Let's Encrypt?
1) Yes
2) No - Use my own reverse-proxy/load-balancer
[2]:
Is your reverse-proxy/load-balancer installed on this server?
1) Yes
2) No
[1]:
Internal port used by reverse proxy?
[8080]:

Hope it helps.

3 Likes

Thanks for taking time to read my question
You understood my question correvtly and hope this will solve what I am trying to do. I have a problem which is I can’t find the conf file to put the above code block in I have checked all the nginx.conf files in all the containers and my machine also but none of them has something like above code block.

Thats my nginx proxy server, on /etc/nginx/sites-available with a simbolic link on /etc/nginx/sites-enabled , it even could be in another server, there is where I redirect the trafic from kf.xxx.com kc.xxx.com ee.xxx.com to the serverip:8080, server ip could be 10.0.0.25, so the configuration could be like:

location / {
             proxy_set_header        Host $host;
             proxy_set_header        X-Real-IP $remote_addr;
             proxy_set_header        X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
             proxy_set_header        X-Forwarded-Proto $scheme;
             proxy_pass              http://10.0.0.25:8080$request_uri;
             proxy_read_timeout  90;
    }

Then the internal port used for reverse proxy is set as 8080 when you setup the application. I would recommend to not modify containers files.

4 Likes

@javib94, :clap: :heart: :partying_face: