Setting of Choice Duplication

I am facing problem in preview of form and it showing error message -
There does not seem to be a allow_choice_duplicates column header defined in your settings sheet. You must have set allow_choice_duplicates setting in your settings sheet to have duplicate choice list names in your choices sheet.

Anyone can help me in fixing this problem.

Hi @phonixvk,

Welcome to the community! There is a clear discussion on why you see this error message that has happened in the past. It should help you solve your issue.

However, if you are still not able to solve your issue please feel free to share your xlsform with the community!

Have a great day!

Hi Kal_Lam
Thanks for your reply but I could not fix it yet as I am new user. I tried to send you the XLS file but got message that new user could not upload file.
Please help me.

Hi @phonixvk,

Please refresh your page and then try uploading your xlsform. You should be able to.

Have a great day!

Monitoring Tool.xlsx (21.5 KB)

Please find it.

Hi @phonixvk,

I see that you have named the name of your variables as follows:

Would recommend you to name it as follows:

After completing the same, you will need to make necessary adjustments in your survey tab (for skips, constrains and other expressions).

Have a great day!

I have made changes in choices as you instructed, now should i copy the name of choices in the survey tab according to label ?

Hi @phonixvk,

You will need to validate the expressions that you have used in the survey tab so that they are inline with the same that you defined in the choices tab.

Have a great day!

how to validate this, can you give me one example

Hi @phonixvk,

I mean you will need to add the expressions for the skips and so on manually based on the changes you made to your choice tab.

For e.g. the expressions that you have in the survey tab will not work which is under the relevant column:

This is because you have already changed the name that you had assigned for the same.

Have a great day!

Hi @phonixvk,

This discussed that has happened in the past should be helpful for you to solve your issue. It has a similar issue that you currently have:

Have a great day!

1 Like

Hello,
You probably used the Formbuilder, which automatically generated these names (and had limits with the foreign language labels). You can avoid this next time by setting the names manually, unique per choice_list, before using them in the survey sheet.

Side-note: Often using the search function in the forum can give you answers from similar questions. You may have a look with “choice_duplicates” for example.

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply but I dont know how to do manually.