Share saved incomplete forms with other surveyors

Hi! I have large forms and I am wondering if a saved (un-submitted) form could be shared between two surveyors having two separate Kobo accounts?

for example: the form contains question about 20 structures. Surveyor A goes into the field and collects information about the first 10 structures and saves the form on his device. is it possible that now surveyor B could go in the field and collect data for the next 10 structures using the same form that contained the past 10 structures data, using a separate device?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi @joelrhine,

Regarding your query:

Sorry it’s not possible. Imagine the same with a hard copy. Say i fill the first 10 questions at my end and how would you fill the remaining 10 in the same hard copy (as apparently the hard copy is with me). For you to be able to fill the remaining 10 questions i should first need to hand over the hard copy to you. And KoBoToolbox at the moment does not support this feature.

However, there is a workaround where you could design the same survey project into 2 survey projects. A will fill Project A (Q1 to Q10) while B will fill Project B (Q11 to Q20). But please note you should add an identifier variable such as ID number where A and B while collecting information from Bryant will use the same ID number say 1. You could then merge the 2 sets of data using some third party software viz. SPSS, SAS etc.

But personally i would not suggest using the above mentioned method as there always is a high possibility of data loss. It’s always good to complete an interview in one go. However, it’s always up to the research to design an appropriate design for data collection based on the context, so it’s up to your personal preference on what to take.

Have a great day!

1 Like

Hi @Kal_Lam,

Thank you for that clarification. Will just have to complete the survey in sections.

Thank you and you have a great say as well!

1 Like