Sharing Projects with Other Users - Unable to View the submission

Dear Colleagues,

I shared a project with other Kobo Account (OCHA Server). They submitted forms and now, they are not able to see or download thier own forms. However, I gave them rights to (View form, Submit Forms and View From Specific User which is thier own). In my Kobo, I see more than 3000 forms, but they sees ZERO. Any solution please?

Best

Could you kindly share the user’s username and the project name through a private message? Maybe we could help you out.

Dear Kal_Lam,

The main account is xxxxxxx and the implementation partner who submit data is xxxxxxx.
Thanks for your help.
Best
Rahmat

Could you also let us know the project name. At the moment i see a lot of project being shared.

It seems that you have not checked the Require authentication to see forms and submit data,

… as outlined in the support article Row-Level Permissions:

Try checking it and start collecting data. You should then be able to see the data submitted by specific users.

Note: You will not be able to see the data collected by specific users until now as you have not configured the same. You should only be able to see the data collected by specific users from now onwards i.e. only after configuring the setting.

Dear Kal_Lam,

Apologize for asking so many questions. Only one USER is not able to see thier own submissions, while other users can see thier submission. Problem is only with the one (I will sent in seperate email).

Thanks

OK, this is due to the following:

Say User_A has shared a survey project with User_B and User_C with row level permissions where User_B and User_C has also been provided access with View submissions only from specific users.

If and incase, User_A the admin of the survey project forgets/misses to check the Require authentication to see forms and submit data from his/her Account Settings and User_B and User_C starts collecting data with either Enketo or Collect android app the following happens:

User_B collects data through Enketo. In this case, User_B is not able to see the data collected and sent to the server. [THIS IS EXACTLY THE PROBLEM THAT SOME OF YOUR USERS ARE HAVING, SCENERIO 1].

User_C collects data through Collect android app. In this case, User_C is able to see the data collected and sent tot he server. [THIS IS EXACTLY THE PROBLEM THAT SOME OF YOUR USERS ARE HAVING, SCENERIO 2]. This is because, the user has configured his/her android app as follows:

In the KoBoCollect android app’s General Settings>Server>URL:

URL

If say User_B is in the OCHA server, use the following URL:

https://kc.humanitarianresponse.info

If User_B is in the HHI server, use the following URL:

https://kc.kobotoolbox.org

Username:
User_B

Password:
xxxxxxxxxx

Thank you very much. This was my concern actually. I already asked them to let me know either they collected data through KoboCollect or Enketo. I am sure, they have either collected data through Enketo or they configured the MAIN KOBO (User A) in thier tablets/phones. That’s they are not able to see thier own submissions.

Thanks so much.

1 Like