Sharing the survey and Collecting Data

Hi all, I did not have enough time to study this tool but I managed to have the survey in place. I am going to hold a workshop to partners and provincial education officers in Zambia next week so I would really need your support.

Some questions that I need to clarify:

1. After I finished inserting the questions, I shared a link of the project to my colleague to check if it was effective. Will he be able to answer the questions without downloading the Kobo Tool? Or if he downloaded the Kobo Tool, can he go straight to answering the questions? I cannot view it from my own phone nor laptop so I want to know how to share the questions.

2. It said in the website that actually, if there is completely no internet connection, the respondent needs to download an additional app. Which app is the correct one? I heard that it can be ODK collect but in the website it said another thing so I need to clarify.

3. Finally, any tips for anyone who has conducted a training on utilising Kobo tool?

Waiting eagerly for your reply.

Best,
Education M&E Officer, Arisa

Welcome to the community, @arisaoba! Regarding your concerns:

You can always share your project link with your colleagues as outlined in the support article Collecting Data through Web Forms.

You could learn more on this through our support article Collecting Data with KoBoCollect on Android.

You could always search and learn for more support articles related to KoBoToolbox that we have here.

1 Like

Hello,

I am sorry, in our experience, it’s high risk and not recommended to do surveys (and training) with tools not well known/studied.
See also the bottom line of the forum entry page: “Please read our documentation and tutorials …”
Nevertheless good luck.

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing the links. I now understand the process.

1 Like

I will be going through a lot of learning before the training. Thank you for your reply.

1 Like