Skip logic in XLSForm code is not retained

When I enter an XLSForm code skip logic statement, the statement is not retained after leaving the question. An example is ${calculation1}=‘1’. This occurs even when the form is saved with the question still open. Leaving that question and returning to it, the statement has disappeared.

If the skip logic statement is entered in Excel and uploaded, the skip logic statement appears, and works. But changes to the skip logic in FormBuilder are ignored.

If I copy a question with skip logic, and then edit the skip logic in the second (copied) question, the original (copied) skip logic is retained - the edit is ignored.

Where am I going wrong?

Welcome back to the community, @martin_crdt_kratie! Could you also share a screenshot of what you are referring to? Maybe that should help us understand your issue pictorially.

Thank you @Kal_Lam for your quick reply. Here are the screen shots you requested.

Step 1: Construct form, Note the calculate question after Q2, which will be used in skip logic in Q4.

Step 2: Enter skip logic manually (XLSFrom) in Q4:

Step 3: Enter skip logic statement referring to the calculated question.

Step 4: Close Skip logic:

Step 5: Qustion closed:

Step 6: Re-open skip logic. The statement is missing, IT is not retained even if “Save” form is clicked before closing the question.

I have attached the form in XLS format here:
SkipLogicNotRetained.xlsx (5.9 KB)

I hope this helps. Many thanks.

@martin_crdt_kratie, this small tweak in your XLSForm should solve your issue:

In the survey tab of your XLSForm:

Data entry screen as seen in Enketo: when both the questions are 0

Data entry screen as seen in Enketo: as soon as you have an input greater than 0 in any question

Reference XLSForm:

SkipLogicNotRetained.xlsx (8.7 KB)