Some of the data I'm reporting on is truncated

Hello Community! I must say this tools has helped us tremendously. We’re trying to capture data around the use of our recycling bins around Wandsworth Common in London and it’s been quite handy to have access to KoboToolbox to allow our users to capture data and pictures.

We’re now at the point of reporting on the data and for some reason, I cannot get the Custom Report to display all the information contained into our data pool. I’ve used the Group By function and selected one of the questions we have. This particular question has 7 potential answers to this question.

Here is an example of the output:

The challenge is have is that we’re capturing data for 7 bin locations, but only 5 of them are displaying on the graph. On the far right, we have a column that’s showing […], but the label isn’t showing. There is no way to scroll right. I’ve looked at our data table, and there is definitely data table for bin 3 and 6, but for some reason, they are truncated when comes time to reporting.

Please help, we have a Committee meeting on the 18th and would love to be able to show some actionable data to our Members!

Thanks in advance,
Benoit

Probably, the Kobo report only shows up to 5 categories (ordered by frequency), the rest as […].

You may download the data in Excel and create (even better) reports there, e.g. with bin status % to facilitate comparison of the locations.

3 Likes

Welcome to the community, @benflammemac! That is how KoboToolbox behaves with custom reports as @wroos has outlined.

1 Like

Okay, I guess I’ll need to accept this then! I was hoping there was a functionality enabling some automated reporting on multiple data fields so that it shows everything if use a large enough screen. Alternatively, there could have been a scroll bar so that we could see more data.

This means I will need to rely solely on Excel extracts and visualisation.

Perhaps this could become a suggestion for future enhancements?

Thanks!

1 Like

Keep in mind, KoboToolbox has rather limited reporting and visualisation features. Excel, statistical and visualisation tools, e.g. SPSS, PSPP, R and Tableau, are often preferable.

1 Like