Subject: Request for Assistance with Data Form Building

Dear Community,

I am currently encountering an issue, as detailed in the attached document. Specifically, my objective is to ensure that, at the 8th index (position) of the variable ‘females,’ the sum reflects the values outside of the repeating group variable labeled as “total_females.” If there exists an alternative method to achieve this outcome, I am open to exploring it. Essentially, I am seeking to compute the column-wise sum for the 8th position across the variables ‘female,’ ‘male,’ and ‘nonbinary.’

Your assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

CLARE Capacity Strengthening Tracking Form v2.1.xlsx (210.7 KB)

Dear all,

I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out to you for your valuable assistance with a data manipulation challenge that I am currently facing, which is outlined in the attached document.

Specifically, I am seeking a solution wherein the 8th index of the variable ‘females’ stores the cumulative sum of values outside the repeating group variable named “total_females.” If you happen to be aware of an alternative approach to achieve this, I would greatly appreciate your insights. Ultimately, my aim is to compute the column-wise sums for the 8th position across the variables ‘female,’ ‘male,’ and ‘nonbinary.’

I am confident that your expertise in this area will be invaluable, and I look forward to benefiting from your insights.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

CLARE Capacity Strengthening Tracking Form v2.1.xlsx (210.7 KB)

Is there any reason to publish and discuss this issue twice, in the forum and now as message here?

Welcome back to the community, @Zaman! Have you validated your XLSForm thorough this online validator? The online validator should help you identify syntax issues if any present.

@Zaman, if you have missed maybe these posts discussed previously should help you solve your issue:

And this post too …

Dear @Kal_Lam,

I appreciate your prompt response. I have thoroughly reviewed my XLSFORM on the designated platform and also examined the queries you provided.

Given the complexity of my form, there is a specific requirement I am striving to achieve. Within the repeat group, there is a variable named ‘female’ that holds integer values. When the user reaches the 8th position, it should automatically compute the column-wise sum and populate the 8th position (index) accordingly.

I would greatly appreciate it if you could please verify this functionality.

Thank you.

Please see the following