Submission error seen in Collect android app- Error: Generic Exception: Error: (404)

Please help me with this also.

My enumerators are failing to submit data, they are saying when they try to submit, the tablet bring error in screen shot attached,

@bakunzi, would you mind ensuring that the survey projects are still there in the server where you want to submit your data that you have collected? Generally if you do not have the survey project in the server and you still try to make submissions, you will get this error message.

The survey projects are still there and some of enumerator have sent while other have failed

Have you checked this in your user account? Could you share with us a screenshot of the same?

You will need to check the availability of the projects here (as shown in the image shared below):

Not in the KoBoCollect android app. Sometimes, the project could be deleted from the server but still be available in the Collect android app. Users might think that the project is still there on the server and start/continue collecting data. The user at this phase is possible to collect the data but at the same time is not able to submit the data to the server as the project does not exist in the server.

I have checked and it is available

Do you think internet connections can also cause that, because finally on enumerator has managed to sen after trying several times but others are still failing

OK, could you share with me the project names for those projects where the user has not been able to submit the records/submissions and also the project names for those projects where the user has finally been able to submit the records/submissions? I would also like to have a look at your issue more closely.

They are all submitting to one project with name “FSL questionnaire Bahir Dar_Final”

Thanks

@bakunzi, could you share with me the following through a private message?

• Username
  • Server

I would like to have a closer look at your case.

mean username and passward

No, I just need your KoBoToolbox username not the password.

okay, its xxxxxxx

1 Like

okay, the username is xxxxx

Thank you I have received it. I would also like to confirm that I only see the following survey projects under your user account:

I still don’t see the project name which shows the error message from your Collect android app:

• FSL Bahir Dar questionaire_final farmer 2
  • FSL Bahir Dar questionaire_final Acsi 1
  • FSL Bahir Dar questionaire_final DA1
  • FSL Bahir Dar questionaire_final farmer 1
  • FSL Bahir Dar questionaire_final farmer 3

Maybe these projects were shared with you by someone but have now unshared them.

At the moment, I only see the following projects which are active under your user account:

• FSL Bahir Dar
  • HFA questionnaire for contonou FSL
  • FSL questionnaire Bahir Dar_Final
  • Livelihoods Study Uganda

Yes, there are the ones and the project that has issues is that one 24 submissions, enumerators have submitted while others have failed, so I am asking myself why?

But the name in the server does not match the names that is showing the error message in the app.

[quote=“Kal_Lam, post:19, topic:22015”]

• FSL Bahir Dar questionaire_final farmer 2
  • FSL Bahir Dar questionaire_final Acsi 1
  • FSL Bahir Dar questionaire_final DA1
  • FSL Bahir Dar questionaire_final farmer 1
  • FSL Bahir Dar questionaire_final farmer 3

The above are names of the filled forms that enumerators filled, they edited when they were finalizing and they those last words.could this be the problem? if yes, how do I over come

No, I don’t think that should affect the submission.