Survey data NOT downloading

Hi Team,

I conducted a survey recently on kobotoolbox platform. I’ve been trying to download the survey for further analysis with no success. All I get is some error message that reads “Failed to retrieve the export task.”

Apparently I can preview it under the “report” tab but NOT under the “table” tab.

Could you have an idea of how I can go around this and download the survey in excel file?

Hi @rigs,

Welcome to the community! I just checked out the issue that you reported and see its working fine (as I am able to view DATA under Reports, Table and even able to download data in different formats and view it) for both the servers viz. the HHI server (kobotoolbox.org) as well as the OCHA server (humanitarianresponse.info). Could you kindly share the screenshot of the error so that we could have a look and suggest you what might have caused the problem if the issue is still occurring.

VID_20190627_105316.mp4

Hi Kalyan,

Thanks for your prompt response on this issue. I’ve tried from my end with no success still. Apparently the downloading is only not working with this survey I am interested in. The other old survey which I achieved in my account are getting downloaded very well.
I have made a short video to show this. When I click export tab, the file doesn’t get generated. further I do not get that earlier warning message of “failed to retrieve the export task”.

Will you require log in credentials for my account?

Kind Regards;

Have you tried to download the database with another export type (XLS legacy)? I had the same problem the last week and I did that to get the data.

1 Like

Wow! Wow!

This is terrific, it has now work with XLS legacy. Thanks a lot for that insight. @elvira_rios

2 Likes

Dear Kobo Support/Experts,

This is first time i am facing such problem with one of my current project, I conducted a survey recently on kobotoolbox platform. I’ve been trying to download the survey for further analysis with no success. All I get is some error message that reads “Failed to retrieve the export task.”

Apparently I can preview it under the “report” tab and “table” tab.

Could you have an idea of how I can go around this and download the survey in excel file?

https://kf.kobotoolbox.org/#/forms/asM25L42TBRXJm5rZBXb3D

Sharing some screen shots for your reference.

Please let me know if you require login and password details to fix this issue.

![2|690x387]

I had a similar problem and xls legacy or csv legacyworked for me.

1 Like