There does not seem to be a allow_choice_duplicates column header defined in your settings sheet. You must have set allow_choice_duplicates setting in your settings sheet to have duplicate choice list names in your choices sheet

Dear Kal Lam,

Greetings,

I am having the same problem (”There does not seem to be a allow_choice_duplicates column header defined in your settings sheet. You must have set allow_choice_duplicates setting in your settings sheet to have duplicate choice list names in your choices sheet”) but I could not upload my excel as I am still a new user.
I highly value your time and appreciate your help!

Regards,

Welcome to the community, @kinan994! Have you validated your xlsform through this online validator? It should help you identify the syntax errors that are present within the xlsform.

Feel free to upload your xlsform if you are still not able to identify the issue. You should now be able to upload the same in the community.

Welcome,
You can find several hints using the search function of this forum, e.g. with token “choices duplicates”
https://community.kobotoolbox.org/search?context=topic&context_id=18251&q=choices%20duplicates&skip_context=true

Thank you very much the online validator helped me solve the problem.
Much appreciated!

1 Like

Thank you for confirming!

Hi, I am experiencing the same thing OP was. I already validated the xlsform, but the error message keeps changing, and I still cannot redeploy my survey. What to do? Please help, thank you.

Welcome to the community, @wiydiy! Yes, the online validator is only a tool to identify your syntax errors present with the xlsfrom. You will need to fix them and then recheck them until you don’t see any issues. If you still have any issues, please feel free to share your xlsform. But we would appreciate it if you have a closer look at your xlsform first.

Yes, now i found the problem! Thanks for responding

2 Likes

Hello,
Sometimes also using the search option in this forum (lens icon) can provide help, e.g. with token “allow_choices_duplicates”.
Kind regards

1 Like