Thousand separator causing input delay in KoBoCollect

To give thousand separator on household expenditures question, I put thousand sep on appearance column (xls form).

On KoboCollect, the separator cause a significant delay during inputting data. It makes less comfortable for enumerators

Thank you in advance, Support Team

Hi @dheniardhian,

I just made a check at my end and did not notice any lag. Would you mind checking them out again with the following:

KoBoToolbox Form Builder UI:

Survey tab of your xlsform:

Reference xlsform:

Thousand Separator.xlsx (9.5 KB)

Checks:

• If you are still facing the issue, could you let us know the version of the KoBoCollect android you are using?
  • Would you mind resetting your android device. Sometimes the lag should be in the device itself.

Have a great day!

@Kal_Lam, I am using KoboCollect v1.25.1. Is there any newest version ?
I’ve just tried to fill the numbers with separator, no more lag, Probably because I cleaned the phone cache memory prior using Kobo

Thank you and have a great day

Hi @dheniardhian,

Would you mind trying out KoBoCollect v1.27.1 from the play store and see it the issue still persists.

Have a great day!

@Kal_Lam, I haven’t found KoBoCollect v1.27.1 on the play store.
So far, I use v1.25.1. No delay experience after I cleaned up the cache memory on my phone.

have an enjoyable weekend

1 Like

Hi @dheniardhian,

Apologies! My bad. KoBoCollect v127.1 is an upcoming release. However am glad that the issue has been solved. And thank you for sharing the solution (to the entire community) to your issue.

Have a great day!

1 Like