Thousands-sep for calculated field

Hi
I copied the following question from another forum as I was looking for the same answer. Can anyone help?

I’m very grateful for the thousand separator. It is a huge help for accuracy in data!

Now, is it possible to display a thousand separator for calculated fields as well?

In my case, we ask questions of consumption in a country where there are lots of zeros in the currency.

The questions are:
“How many kg of rice did you consume the past week?”
“What is the price per kg?”

I then make a calculation and the next screen shows the question:
“So you spent ${calc101} on rice last week?”
In order to have the interviewee confirm that the number sound right. The issue is that the number shown is 100000 instead of 100,000 which defeats the purpose of the question a bit as it is hard for the surveyor to read.

@tba, please be informed that the thousands separator is simply a number widget appearance option thus simply changes the display of the integer and decimal. It however does not change the value.

Hi @Kal_Lam
I do understand that it does not change the value. All I wanted was to display the final value with thousands-sep. But the problem here is that the type of question is note. Is there a workaround for that, or can this feature be added? For the most part, you display your results with a note after you’ve made calculations. HIV Voluntary Counseling and Testing.xlsx (22.8 KB)

Check out the attachment.

is this still not resolved? I have the same problem @Kal_Lam

Welcome back to the community, @mariannetouma! FYR:

The original poster had pointed out that they (and myself) are aware that it does not change the value. We need the thousands separator to make it easier for the enumerators to read the numbers.
This is especially relevant in countries where the currency has a lot of zeroes

For example 1$ = 110,000 LBP
100$ = 110,000,000

now try to read this number without the thousands separator
110000000 (1000$)

So I will go back the original poster’s question
in a code like this: “So you spent ${calc101} on rice last week?”
I want to show the number from the calculate field with the thousands separator.

Can you advise?
thank you

@Kal_Lam This is still unresolved.
Thank you.

Watching this thread too. Still unresolved? :cry:

I also need the same. Need to display the note with the number appearance thousands-sep

Hi, same problem for me, did anyone find a solution? :thinking: