Transferring forms and data from one android device to another manually (without a server)

Hi all! I’d like to know if there is a tip to transfer data from an android device to another and then to a windows device. How can we compilate directly such data within an excel file? We use KoBoCollect v2021.2.4 with Android 11 on Samsung Galaxy A20e, and the “kobo” folders could not displayed. Thanks a lot.

Welcome to the community, @ainazortsera! You will need to do the following:

• Open your PC (you do not need an internet connection here). It’s only to copy the forms and data from one android device to another.
  • Connect an android device to the PC (through a USB cable) that has the form and data that you wish to copy it to another android device.
  • Then, go through this path:
    Your PC\Galaxy S10+\Phone\Android\data\org.koboc.collect.android\files\projects
    I am using Galaxy S10+ that is why you are seeing the same in the path. That may differ from the device you are using.
  • Once you are here, you should see a folder with a similar name:
  • Get inside this folder and copy everything you see there:
  • Now, connect an android device to the PC (through a USB cable) where you wish to copy the form and the data to.
  • Then, go through this path:
    Your PC\<Android device>\Phone\Android\data\org.koboc.collect.android\files\projects
  • Once you are here, you should see a folder with a similar name:
  • Get inside this folder and paste everything that is in your clipboard (note, you may also have to override while pasting):

Once this is done open the KoBoCollect android app from the device (where you have pasted the forms and data). Everything should be there. You could now use this device to continue the data collection and also submit the collections to the server.

Thanks @Kal_Lam for this solution. I’ve used this before in 2019 with a Glaxy S6 android device. But, now, with the A20 device, we could not find the directory " org.koboc.collect.android" anywhere. I’ve tried to use Root Browser but the folder is still not found. I think it’s related to the android11 system.
Actually, we can not change the device because 30 of them were bought by the organisation.

@ainazortsera, the first step is to search this directory. The path may slightly vary with the model. Maybe you could also use this search bar:
to search the folder.