Translate name of form/project

Hello,
Is it possible to add translations not just for form questions, but for the name of the form? This would allow users of KoboCollect to see it in their app’s default language (if available).

Hi @raph,

At the moment KoBoToolbox don’t not have an option with adding translations to the name of the project form. However, if you wish to have the name of the project in different language (other then the English version) you could simply follow the steps as mentioned below:

• Click SETTINGS
  • Under the Project Name, type the name of the project you wish to see in a different language. But please ensure you do the same by using UNICODE.
  • Now press SAVE CHANGES (You will now be able to see the project name if your desired language; however if you have already deployed the form earlier you will need to redeploy the form once again)

Thank you @Kal_Lam
Any idea whether adding an option to translate the name of the project form is in the planning for the KoBo team?

Hi @raph,

I have changed your query from KoBo User Post to Suggestion Box (New Features) so that the KoBoToolbox Developer’s team could see your suggestion. Hopefully the developers will pick up the suggestions and make changes in the upcoming days.

1 Like

Hi @Kal_Lam,
Could you show how things look with inputting the form names in UNICODE?

HI @raph
Welcome back to this after 2 years. Well when considering UNICODE in this context, we are contrasting it to HTML codes. As a general rule, ensure that your form uses letters and you can add numbers to the letters. Avoid using special characters for the form name

Stephane

1 Like

Thank you for these explanation @stephanealoo. Could you show me an example of what it looks like to input the form title in UNICODE with several languages? That will help me understand how to do it.

@raph, you could do it as outlined in the image shared below:

In the survey tab of your xlsform:

Image 1

In the settings tab of your xlsform:

Image 2

Data entry screen as seen in Enekto:

Reference xlsform:

Form Name (in Unicode).xlsx (11.9 KB)

Thank you @Kal_Lam, that’s very helpful!

We’ll offer this option to partners until Kobo supports the option to translate form name :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is it still the case that we cannot have the name of the form in the language selected by the participant? Even though @Kal_Lam 's solution above is a good one, in my case I believe it would be confusing for the participant. The name of my form has 4 words, and is translated to 3 languages, it would be weird to have the three languages at the same time in the title. Just wanted to see if there is any other solution.

1 Like