Translation the main title and error validation message

Hello
Can anyone help if is it possible to translate the main title and error validation message?
Thanks in Advance.

Hi @abdallah,

Welcome to the community! Have you gone through our support article ADDING ANOTHER LANGUAGE IN THE PROJECT DASHBOARD and ADDING ANOTHER LANGUAGE TO YOUR XLS FORM. It should solve your issue.

As a workaround you could also have a look at some of the workarounds discussed previously here.

Have a great day!

Hi @abdallah,

What are you collecting your data with (i.e. are you using KoBoCollect android app or are you using Enketo)?

Have a great day!

Hi @abdallah,

Kindly please be informed that KoBoToolbox at the moment does not support multiple language for form_title. However you could do the following workaround to solve the issue:

Option 1:

• You could name the form_title with both the languages you wish i.e. it should see something like this Test (परीक्षण). Note: I have used English (Nepali) as a workaround here.

Option 2:
This option should be suitable to you as you are using Enketo aka web-form to collect data via google chrome.

• Design you survey with any language you wish.
  • Upload the same and deploy them.
  • Open the data entry link to collect your data in Enketo.
  • Then right click your mouse if you are using Google Chrome and then select Translate to English or whatever you wish to have as your default browser. Or, please feel free to visit here to learn how to change the language of your chrome browser.
  • So doing this you should be able to change the language of your survey page in any language.

Workaround

Here is a workaround on how i change the language of my survey form that was designed in Nepali to English. Use the following xlsform as a reference:

Reference xlsform:
Language.xlsx (10.9 KB)

• Upload the xlsform and deploy them.
  • Open them in Enketo as shown below:
  • Change the language as shown in the image below:
  • So you will get the Nepali version of you survey form in English or whatever language you choose. Here in the example you will see English as English is my default browser language.

So this is one way how you could solve your issue at the moment.

Have a great day!

1 Like

Hi @abdallah,

Could you let us know the place where it got distorted? Besides, would you mind changing the language name to Arabic (ar) and English (en) under the Manage Languages.

Have a great day!