Unable to bulk upload the data from XLS to kobo

Hi,

I have downloaded an XLS from a form that I developed recently, I added some more records through EXCEL and i wanted to upload them manually to kobo, I got this error.
I read the documentation and went through everything step by step then when I submitted the excel with exactly the same format I got the following error:
{“message”: “Submission complete. Out of 0 survey instances, 0 were imported, (0 were rejected as duplicates, missing forms, etc.)”, “errors”: “0 []”}

Thanks.

could you please help with more details on how should I use the manually upload feature.

@ms2333, seems like you are trying to upload the data (from Collect android app/enketo) manually to the server? Is this what you are trying to achieve? If yes, you should be able to learn more through our support article Manually Uploading Submissions.

Hi Kal,

I have developed a form and made a single submission and then downloaded the submission as an excel through data-> downloads.
Now I added more records to the excel file that I downloaded, I zipped the excel file and tried to bulk upload my submissions and got the abovementioned error.
Is there any step by step advice on how to achieve this task ??

Best,
Mo

@ms2333, this feature at the moment is not available within the KoboToolbox UI, but you could do it as outlined in one of our previous posts:

Hi Kal,

I am currently coding some python code where I can select an excel sheet and will convert every row in it to XML file so then I can bulk upload all of them as discussed in the manually submission , I have one concern though, when I am bulk uploading the data all columns are duplicated and that made me wondering if I can export a data sample as xml and I can convert my XLS properly. any Idea how I can export the data to xml?

Best,
Mohammed

Hi Kal,

I managed to write some python code that could imitate the same xml files generated by the offline export feature, That code will create a separate xml file per each excel record and will save it in folder, now I can zip the folder and bulk upload everything. I succeeded in uploading my excel file but when I am trying to edit the submission an error like this popped up: (Submission Failed - Data server did not accept data. Contact the survey administrator please. (400)).

what could be the problem noting that all the records are now reflected on the table tab.

Best,
Mohammed