Unable to deploy form Expecting value: line 2 column 1 (char 1)

My form cannot be deployed even though I have tested it with XLSForm Online v2.x. My previous forms also became non-deployable. Hope someone can help me.

1 Like

Hi @akoh
Sincere apologies for the inconveniences. We noticed that this issue was caused by a more recent upgrade on our systems. We have since been able to resolve this issue and you should be good to go with your form. Could you please try the process and see if this problem persists.

All the best,
Stephane

2 Likes

Hi!
I have the same problem. I have tried several solutions presented previously and it did not solve it. I can’t even upload forms that are in active projects. When I do the validation at https://getodk.org/xlsform/, it does not report errors or any kind of problem, however kobotoolbox does not make the form available indicating that the form contains errors: Expecting value: line 2 column 1 (char 1)

Hi @thomota
Welcome to the community forum. Could you please refresh your browser and retry. If this does not work, please provide us with the following information:

1. A copy of the XLS form
  2. Confirmation of the specific server you are using.
  3. A screenshot of the issue you are seeing.

Stephane

1 Like

Hi, @stephanealoo !
Everything is working perfectly. Thank you for your attention and quick feedback.

2 Likes

Please, I am having issue with deploying form . the error responses is your form cannot be deployed because it contains errors:
Expecting value: line 2 column 1 (char 1) kindly assist.

Hi @smartgbola1,

It’s always good to validate your xlsform with this online validator and check for any syntax error. This online validator should be able to guide you remove the existing syntax error that is present in your xlsform. Feel free to reach us back if you are still not able to solve your issue.

1 Like

well received with thanks.

1 Like