Unable to Deploy Form that has a cascading select question

Dear All,
I am trying to deploy the form , but I am getting the following error, I have tried all according to the guidelines and videos etc. Please help.

(your form cannot be deployed because it contains errors:
ODK Validate Errors: Group has no children! Group: ${pt1}. The XML is invalid. >> Xform is invalid! See above for errors and warnings. Result: Invalid)

Below is my form:
Jh_CSW_1.1.xlsx (46.9 KB)

Hi @Ash
Could you please test your form here. One of your groups does not seem to have questions under it. Check for the group labeled pt1

It looks like you are using three select_one_from_file questions in group pt1. AFAIK, from what little documentation I could find, this question type is Kobo-specific and only supported using the Enketo web-browser (ie not the mobile app). But it appears that perhaps this is no longer working/supported (?). If that were thee case then all the question in group pt1 would be invalid/ignored, causing you to have a group with no (valid) questions - which may be why you are seeing this error as fallout.

At the moment, this feature is only available using XLSForms and the data can only be entered through Enketo and is not supported by ODK or KoBoCollect.

I might suggest just trying to get a single, simple select_one_from_file working first, just to confirm this question type is still working. Perhaps one of the Kobo core team can comment as to the status of this, @stephanealoo?

Dear XIPHWARE, I tried with only one select_one_from_file . But it is not working, can you suggest any solution further. I am receiving following error:
Error: The same instance id will be generated for different external instance source URIs. Please check the form. Instance name: ‘district_code’, Existing type: ‘file’, Existing URI: ‘jr://file-csv/district_code.csv’, Duplicate type: ‘choice’, Duplicate URI: ‘None’, Duplicate context: ‘survey’.

Hi @Ash
Could you check on this and see if you can adapt it your form with the advice provided within the discussion? Kindly focus on the power of the approach rather than the topic :slight_smile:

1 Like

As a backup maybe this post discussed previously should also help you solve your issue: