Unable to deploy my form as i am seeing an error message expecting value: line 2 column 1 (char 1)

Sir, I have been able to redeploy it.
Please i am not sure on the one to use because I made use of question matrix.

Enketo or android kobocollect" . thanks for your assistance.

Glad to know that you were finally able to deploy it. Kindly please be informed that if you have a matrix question you will need to use the Enketo for collecting data as Collect android app does not support the same.

Sir, I have been able to redeploy it.
Please i am not sure on the one to use because I made use of question matrix." Enketo or android kobocollect" in collecting data . thanks for your assistance.

In this case, you will need to use Enketo to collect your data. For details, please feel free to have a look at our support article Collecting Data through Web Forms.

Good day sir,
Sorry to disturb you. Please is there any procedures one can use in putting table on kobo toolbox without using question matrix so that when redeploying your questionnaire one can made use of collecting data on android. Thanks for your assistance.

Maybe if you have a few options you could use this approach as an alternative to the matrix question. Doing so you could collect your data through the Collect android app.

Hello,
I think this is NOT a problem. It just gives a Warning the the group has no label… Which might even be desired, when you want hide a level (group) title/structure on screen, but use a grouping for programming (esp. relevant).

Good day sir,
Please is there any procedures one can use in putting table on kobo toolbox without using question matrix so that when redeploying your questionnaire one can made use of collecting data on android. Thanks for your assistance.

Hi @smartgbola1

Have you tried to the approach listed out above. This however has limitations when compared with the matrix question type. Also please be informed that there is no way where a user could collect matrix question data through Collect android app.

No sir, I have a lot of table in the questionnaire in which is more than one column. After reading about it I found out that in using kobo collecting on android the column for each table can’t be more than one. ( more clarification )

Please how do I use logic condition on matrix question. Thanks for your assistance.

1 Like

Please where do I see the label-nolabel in kobo toolbox. Thanks.

Good morning sir,
I have gotten how to do it on XLSform but I want to know how to link the XLSform that I will upload on kobo toobox with the online Questionnaire that has been developed or do I need to start all over again using XLS form. Thanks for your assistance.

Sorry did not get you correctly. Could you make it a bit clear?

Good morning sir,
I have gotten how to do it on XLSform (excel) but I want to know how to link the XLSform that I will upload on kobo toolbox with the online Questionnaire that I have done already so that question matrix format can be deleted from the online form.

do I need to start entering questionnaire all over again using XLS form. Thanks for your assistance.

OK, there are basically 2 ways for this:

The first approach:

• To create this survey form as a new project and deploy them.

The second approach:

• To replace the existing xlsform and then redeploy them.

Note: If you have already started collecting data and then you wish to make a change, i would advise you to adopt the first approach so that your existing variables/new variables should not affect with the change. However, if you have not formally started collecting data and then your changes are just a typo fix, i would advise you to use the second approach.

1 Like

The issue I am having is that I have used online to input my variables where by I made used of question matrix but right now because question matrix can’t be use for collecting data on android I want to made used of XLSform in which I am not clear about how I will merge it with the online form I have created already.

Or does it mean that I will download the online form using XLSform and make some corrections under the table aspect then upload it on the kobo toolbox and now redeploy.

Maybe this support article Deploying a Form to Start a New Data Collection Project should help you understand how to redeploy a survey form/project.

Thanks for your response. I am not talking about how to redeploy form.

What I am asking is that can XLSform be merged or linked together with online form or better still with questionnaire that has been entered using online form where question matrix was used but want to replace the question matrix with XLSform because I want to use collecting data on android for data collection. Thanks.

Sorry, but i am still not clear on what you have said …

Would you also mind sharing a screenshot of what you are currently doing? Maybe your screenshot should help us understand your issue.

Thanks for your reply. This is the issue from the on set I built variables from scratch and during that building I made use of question matrix for table I later found out that I can’t use question matrix for collecting data on android in which you asked me to use XLSForm .

I am asking how can I merged the XLSForm I am going to build in order to create table on my form on the existing variables or form that have been built from the scratch using question matrix.