Unable to deploy XLSForm in Kobo

Please help me out. I new to Kobo and am getting the error shown below. How can I resolve it?

your form cannot be deployed because it contains errors:

ODK Validate Errors: >> Something broke the parser. See above for a hint. Error evaluating field ‘location’ (${location}[1]): The problem was located in Calculate expression for ${location} XPath evaluation: cannot handle function ‘pull’ Caused by: org.javarosa.xpath.XPathUnhandledException: The problem was located in Calculate expression for ${location} XPath evaluation: cannot handle function ‘pull’ … 10 more The following files failed validation: ${tmphf5h0qz8} Result: Invalid

Have you validated your xlsform through this online validator? It should help you identify the syntax issues present within your xlsform.

When looking at the error message you have shared, it seems like there is an issue with the expression you have used under the calculation column.

Hi @Kal_Lam ,

Yes. I have tried to validate the form through that online validator. The expression that I have in the calculation column is =“pull(‘SoyaData210805PM_v3’, ‘location’, ‘phone_key’, ${”&B7&"})" where “&B7&” is the cell that contains the phone_number variable which I would like to use to pre-fill other variables with pre-existing data.

I could have attached the XLSForm and CSV file that I plan to use

Hi @Kal_Lam ,

Yes. I have tried to validate the form through that online validator. The expression that I have in the calculation column is =“pull(‘SoyaData210805PM_v3’, ‘location’, ‘phone_key’, ${”&B7&"})" where “&B7&” is the cell that contains the phone_number variable which I would like to use to pre-fill other variables with pre-existing data.

I could have attached the XLSForm and CSV file that I plan to use but I am not allowed since am a new user

It should be pulldata instead of pull. Please see the support article Pull Data Functionality in KoBoToolbox for details.