Unable to deploy your form cannot be deployed because it contains errors: Expecting value: line 4 column 1 (char 3)

I get this error when trying to deploy. Please help

unable to deploy

your form cannot be deployed because it contains errors:

Expecting value: line 4 column 1 (char 3)

Welcome to the community, @tim! It’s always good to validate your xlsform with the online validator. The online validator helps you identify the syntax issues present within your xlsform.

The form seems to be fine when I use the validator tool. But only fails when I try to deploy. Can I send it over?

Hi @tim
Could you please confirm which server your accounts are located in? Also, it would be good for you to troubleshoot your form first and identify the issue with the form since it could range from a number of things including errors within the form that is best assessed by the creator of the form. You can always such around the same errors such as this one here

Regards,
Stephane

1 Like

Thanks a lot. The accounts are in the humanitarian server. The form works well on enketo but fails to deploy.

Hi @tim
Kindly try the second part of my response?

Regards,
Stephane

Hi @stephanealoo
The issue still persists. I have not seen the same error from previous posts

Hi @tim
You definitely need to go through your form and do some troubleshooting first before we can be able to troubleshoot it. Unfortunately, this is a very form-specific issue from the nature of these errors. We thus prioritize system-wide issues before coming back to form specific support. I will give you some time to go through your form, then I will check back in a few hours once you have gone through the form.

Regards,
Stephane

Hi @stephanealoo
Thanks for your help. I have tried troubleshooting everything about my form and still no solution. It works well on Kobo Collect and enketo too. So I don’t know what could be the issue when it comes to deploying to the server.

@tim, still not clear. You say it’s working smoothly with KoBoCollect and Enketo, and you say you still have issues when deploying. Shouldn’t it be deployed first and then be used with KoBoCollect and Enketo later?

This is after manual input of the form to Kobo Collect on android through xml. Deployment to the server fails.

Maybe it would be easy, if you share your xlsform with the community?