Unable to download image attachment from Survey

Because of large attachment size, I am unable to download attachments. I have tried https://support.kobotoolbox.org/photo_download.html but it gives error of forbidden issue though I am logged in my default browser…

Hi @Suhsant,

Welcome to the community! Would you mind going through the post discussed previously (it should solve your issue):

Have a great day!

Still getting 403 forbidden issue using Free Download Manager @Kal_Lam

Hi @Suhsant,

Could you kindly share with us a screenshot of the issue you are seeing. Also kindly please let us know the server (OCHA or HHI) you are using. This would help us better understand your issue.

Have a great day!

ERROR 403 . We are using HHI server @Kal_Lam

Hi @Suhsant,

Seems like you are trying to download a single image using the Free Download Manager. Try downloading the entire ZIP using the Free Download Manager.

Kindly please let us know if it’s still not working for you.

Have a great day!

I am using single image just to test out Free Download Manager . The issues is on server side as the request is not granted authorization for downloading images. @Kal_Lam

Hi @Suhsant,

Kindly please be informed that i just tested downloading a sample image from my HHI account and was able to download the same without any issue.

As an alternative, you could click on the image, video or audio file as shown in the image below. It opens in a new tab. You could then save the same by pressing the right click of your mouse and then saving them to your desired location.

Have a great day!

The total size for attachment is 12-15 GB . Because of this the export functionality is not working . That’s why I am searching for alternatives . The third party download manager are not working because of 403 forbidden error @Kal_Lam.

Hi @Suhsant,

My advise would be as follows:

Ensure that you are able to download the xls dataset from your user account. If you are able to download the same then you should be able to download the Media Attachment (ZIP) via the Free Download Manager.

While downloading the Media Attachment (ZIP) via the Free Download Manager first download the Media Attachment (ZIP) as shown in the image below.

Then hover the mouse on the downloaded link and right click your mouse. Select Copy link address and paste the same to the Free Download Manager.

You should then be able to download your Media Attachment (ZIP).

Have a great day!

I think you are not getting the issue here… Because of large size kobo fails creating Media Attachment Zip file. @Kal_Lam

Hi @Suhsant,

Could you share with me the following (through a private message) so that i would be able to have a look at your issue at my end:

• Username
  • Server
  • Project name

Have a great day!

Hello @Kal_Lam This is just to notify you that I have solved the issue myself through api . Have a great day !

1 Like