Unable to download images through DownloadThemAll

Hey Josh thanks for your help , my page Freeze when i tried to load more.

can you please send me this way step by step to my email , ahmad.diab1st@live.com

Dear Kal ,

Please any update regarding this issue , the workarround that josh gave its very difficult and im not sure if im still downloading all data needed , i will prefer if the dowloadthem all work through the main data table , this issue is delaying our team productivity i hope you can give it high priority .

@ahmaddiab, it should take some time and we will update you when it’s been fixed.

please because as today im not able to download anything and the API page giving 502 Bad Gateway error , i will wait the solution from your side ASAP .

Thanks .

Hi @ahmaddiab, there is unfortunately no deployed change yet. You can try loading the API page with a limit parameter and then using start to paginate through your submissions:

https://[kf_url]/api/v2/assets/[asset_uid]/data?start=0&limit=100
1 Like

Dear Kal/Josh ,

Please any update about the issue , when we excpect the solution .

Thanks .

Hi @ahmaddiab, there has been no update yet. Have you tried the suggestion in my previous message?

1 Like

Hi @ahmaddiab, I’ve cobbled together a rough Python script for media downloads here that you can use. It will skip already downloaded media so you don’t have to download everything every time:

1 Like

hi Josh,

Sorry but seems im not familiar with coding :slightly_smiling_face: ,

can you please find for me a way that i can get only data for specific submittied date using API way !.

Hi @ahmaddiab, you can do this as follows:

If you want to download media from the date 2021-09-26:

https://[kf_url]/api/v2/assets/[asset_uid]/data/?query={"$and":[{"_submission_time":{"$gte":"2021-09-26"}},{"_submission_time":{"$lt":"2021-09-27"}}]}

Then use DownThemAll from on that filtered set of data :+1:

2 Likes

its giving me : 502 Bad Gateway

nginx/1.19.10

it work now but can i hide the medium size and small size images !

Hi @ahmaddiab, you can do this in the DownThemAll interface with “Fast Filtering”:

1 Like

thanks this very helping

2 Likes

dear josh ,

Kindly im not able anymore to download images using download them all can you please advise what i can do to resolve.

Thanks .

Hi @ahmaddiab, there was a change to the URLs included in the API, but fortunately DownThemAll still works. You should now use the filter keyword “attachments” and then download all matches:

1 Like

any update on this? any other simpler workarounds? :sweat: :grimacing:

Hi @hm11, this is likely the simplest solution for now. We will however be improving the media downloads through the Kobo interface in the coming months :slightly_smiling_face: If know how to run a python script, you can try this option: GitHub - joshuaberetta/kobomedia

2 Likes