Unable to Open Collect Data Form

Hi All,
I am new to Kobo but have managed to install Kobo on a single centos 7 AWS server. After a couple of small issues have managed to create and view forms and deploy them.
However when we go to collect data , online-offline (multiple submission) and try and either copy the url and paste in a browser or open we get the following error message

We have looked at error messages for enketo and Kobo cat but there doesn’t seem to be anything obviously wrong, preview worked fine and all we saw was 404 error in the Kobocat log. Has anyone seen this error , and if so would be grateful if someone could point us in the right direction.

Many thanks

Justin

Hi @walljustin,

Welcome to the community! Would you mind testing your xlsform (survey form) in one of the instances hosted by KoBoToolbox (viz. the OCHA server or the HHI server) and see if you are able to deploy them successfully and launch Enketo with the same form.

You may sometimes receive error message if you have a syntax error that is not supported by the system.

Have a great day!

many thanks for the speedy reply, I exported the XLS form and uploaded it to an account on
https://kf.kobotoolbox.org deployed it and I am able to successfully view the form via enketo. So I guess the form is ok,

All the best,

Justin

1 Like

Hi @walljustin,

Would you mind having a look at the post as discussed here …

… it should help solve out your issue.

Have a great day!

1 Like

Many thanks for that, sorry for the late reply.

The docker logs appear to be good and also I think the SSL certs are assigning ok as we can view

https://kc.kobo.site.org/name/ and this shows us the project is active.

So not really sure where to check next.

Thanks for your help

Hi, As an update , I reinstalled Kobo using ubuntu on AWS and reimported the XLS forms and the new setup appears to be working. I have reproduced a similar error, this happens when a user created was trying to deploy new forms, If the super admin deploys them and shares there is no problem. so I guess its a user permission issue for the created user. Will check those.

Will close topic

2 Likes

Hi @walljustin,

Thank you for sharing the updates to the entire community!

Have a great day!